Domestic Sewage Treatment Plants: The plants are tested and CE marked to BSEN12566-3: The Environment Agency & UK Trading Standards will only allow the installation of sewage plants 6PE-50PE that have been tested to BSEN12566-3.
A standard of 20mg/litre BOD, 30mg/litre Suspended Solids and 20mg/litre Ammonia should be acceptable to be discharged directly into a watercourse.
The Marsh range of Domestic Sewage Treatment Plants 6-50PE has attained industry leading test results
The plant is covered by the following product guarantees:
- Internal & External Structure – 25 years *
- Compressor Blower – 2 years
- Ceramic Diffuser – 5 years
- Jung Pump – 2 years (for pumped outlets only).
(* installed to our Installation Manual instructions)
All the plants now have compressor alarms fitted as standard, having become mandatory in 2009. Normal inlet inverts are 500mm. Invert risers are available from 250mm to one metre as required.
- Made For Domestic & Commercial Off Mains Drainage Designed & Tested To EN12566-3
- The plant has low visual impact with unobtrusive lids. Normally only needs a granular surround.
- The Self Aligning Low Profile Means Faster Installation And Negligible Visual Impact
- Low Running Costs est. at £52 for a Six Person
- Easy Access Integral separate de-sludge pipe
- Almost Silent Running & Odour Free.
- Manufactured In The United Kingdom & Is Backed With A 25 Year Structural Guarantee.
- Invert Risers and Pumped Outlets Can Be Supplied For Deeper Drain Connections
- Designed With Integral Recycling System That Makes It Ideal For Intermittent Use.
- Approved For Discharging Into A Watercourse, Ditch Or Land Drainage Bed. Listed On The British Water Web Pages
Shallow Sewage Treatment Plant
Low Profile Shallow Ensign Sewage Treatment Plant EN12566-3 Certified
The sewage plants are designed for the ever changing UK weather conditions, the low 1.6m total depth profile, means the shallow sewage plants are around 30% shallower than most UK sewage plants. Not only is the new range of shallow sewage plant tested to the latest UK & European standard EN12566-3:2005+A1:2009 for sewage treatment process but also passed durability, structural integrity (impact and crushing) and water-tightness tests.
The heavy duty low profile shallow sewage plants are manufactured using virgin unfilled resin systems. The advantages of this include a superior structural strength (which is paramount in current groundwork conditions) when compared to filled resin products. It therefore gives enhanced customer confidence in both product quality and durability. Additionally this enables the sewage treatment tanks to be significantly lighter which greatly assists with on-site handling and positioning in the installation process. The shallow sewage plants have a warranty for 25 years* with an expected design life of 50 years* All Marsh sewage treatment plants are Gel-coated & Flo-coated as standard practice and manufactured in Kettering to BS4994.
These shallow sewage treatment plants offer the contractor the ability to work in extreme conditions, whilst not compromising Health & Safety and saving cost and time on the installation. The six and ten person sewage treatment plant comes with 500m standard inverts, pumped outlets and shallower or deeper inverts are available. (please contact the office)
Key selling points of the Marsh Shallow Sewage Treatment Plants are:
- Shallow Excavation Total Depth of Plant 1600mm
- Lower Installation Cost
- Less Time Spent On Site
- Improved Health & Safety Aspects
- Less Risk Of Trench Collapse
- Low Running Costs
- Tested Effluent Quality 12:19:09 (far better than the standard 20:30:20)
These plants are very energy efficient and have a lower carbon footprint than most non electric sewage treatment plants.
Sewage treatment range table
|Approx est. for the correct plant size||6PE||10PE||12PE||16PE||20PE||25PE||30PE||35PE||40PE||45-50PE|
|Suitable for any of these combinations||4 bed
|2 no. 3 bed
|2 no. 4 bed
|2 no. 4 bed
& 1 no. 3 bed
|3 no. 4 bed
|4 no. 4 bed
|5 no. bed or
6 no. 3 bed
|7 no. 3 bed
|8 no. 3 bed
|9 no. 3 bed
|At work or office no canteen||9 people
|GROUND LEVEL TO INLET INVERT||500mm||500mm||600mm||600mm||600mm||600mm||600mm||600mm||600mm||600mm|
|Ground level to outlet invert||575mm||575mm||675mm||675mm||675mm||675mm||675mm||675mm||675mm||675mm|
|Compressor Blower (internal or external available)||Internal||Internal||Internal||Internal||Internal||Internal||Internal||Internal||Internal||Internal|
|MAX. POWER CONSUMPTION||50w||60w||100w||120w||120w||150w||220w||220w||240w||250w|
|Gravity or Pumped Outlet||Both available||Both available||Both available||Both available||Both available||Both available||Both available||Both available||Both available||Both available|
|INVERT RISERS AVAILABLE||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Desludging full loading months||12||12||12||12||12||12||12||12||12||12|
|WEIGHT EMPTY (APPROX.)||250kg||250kg||360kg||375kg||500kg||600kg||700kg||740kg||800kg||835kg|
|Tested & Certified to EN12566-3||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||12||12||12||12||12|
|VOLUME OF SURROUND CONCRETE PEASHINGLE||2m sq||2m sq||3m sq||3.2m sq||3.9m sq||4m sq||4.6m sq||4.6m sq||6m sq||6m sq|
A treatment system for a single house with up to and including 3 bedrooms shall be designed for a minimum population (P) of 5 people.
The size of a treatment system for a single house with more than 3 bedrooms shall be designed by adding 1 P for each additional bedroom to the minimum single house value of 5 P
e.g.: House with 3 bedrooms = minimum 5 P system
- House with 4 bedrooms = minimum 6 P system (5+1)
- House with 6 bedrooms = minimum 8 P system (5+3)
will be 31 P (38 x 0.8 = 30.4)
For groups of small 1 and 2 bedroom houses or flats
- Flat with 1 bedroom = allow 3 P
- Flat with 2 bedrooms = allow 4 P
A treatment system serving a group of houses shall be designed by adding together the P values for each house calculated independently
- For a group of two houses (3 and 4 bedrooms, respectively) the system shall be for a minimum of 11 P (5+6)
If the calculated total P for a group of houses exceeds 12 P then some reduction may be made to allow for the balancing effects on daily flow of a group of houses (round UP not down)
- Where the total is 13-25 P multiply the total by 0.9 to give an adjusted P value, e.g. if there are four four-bedroom houses the total P will be 24 P (4 x 6) and the adjusted P will be 22 P (24 x 0.9 = 21.6)
- Where the total is 26-50 P multiply the total by 0.8 to give an adjusted P value, e.g. if there are four three-bedroom houses and three, four-bedroom houses the total P will be 38 P (4 x 5 and 3 x 6) and the adjusted P