- Applications : Underfloor Heating Installations in solid or timber floors
- Pipes : 15mm JG Speedfit Barrier Pipe to BS 7291, Parts 1, 2 and 3 Class S.
- DO NOT USE Speedfit UFH Products for Gas, fuel oil or compressed air applications
- Floor Insulation : Should be a suitable material and thickness to comply with current regulations
- Minimum Bending Radii : For Speedfit B-PEX Pipe is 175mm
- Expansion (PEX – Pipe) : 1% on length between 20oC and 82oC
- Cleaners, Inhibitors and Descalents : For advice on the replenishment of additives such as corrosion inhibitors, the following manufacturers should be contacted Fernox or Sentinel.
- Paint and Chemicals : Only use water or oil based paint. Do not allow contact with cellulose based paints, paint thinners or strippers, solder flux or acid baseddescalents or aggressive household cleaning products
- Exposure to sunlight : Speedfit products, when used indoors, are not affected by sunlight. When used out doors protect from ultra voilet light by lagging or painting
- Pipe Inserts : Must be used on all installations when using plastic pipe and should be fully inserted
- Electrical Components : Electrical products in the Speedfit Underfloor Heating System are designed only to be used in UK Electrical Supply situations
- Electrical Continuity : If Speedfit is used in an existing metal system which may have been used for earthing, electrical continuity should be reinstated.
- Collet Clips : White and Grey collet clips are used with standard fittings to prevent accidental pipe disconnection. Red or blue clips provide colour coding of pipe. Red and blue clips should not be used to prevent accidental release of pipe
- Pre-Screed System Testing : To ensure the pipework has been installed correctly and prior to the screed being laid, it is essential that they system is checked and hydraulically wet tested
Testing should be carried out at 2 bar for 10 minutes and 10 bar for 10 minutes
This testing, combined with other relevant checks, should reveal installation problems and is regarded as good plumbing practice
- Pressurisation During Screed Laying and CUring. In accordance with BS1264-4, the system should be left under pressure at a minimum of 6 bar for the duration of the laying and curing of the screed
Under NO circumstances should the UFH System be used to quicken the screed drying process
- System Flushing : As is usual practice for any plumbing installation, flushing of the system prior to the use of JG Speedfit is recommended to remove any contaminants / chemical residue from elsewhere in the system.
- Vermin : Speedfit products should not be used in vermin infested areas
- Frost Protection : During the installation process it is important that pipe containing water be protected from frost