The basis for Jeani Accessories was formed in 1912 by Mr H A Murray and Mr R C Fitzgibbon using one first floor room in west London.
At that time, Fitzgibbon and Murray Ltd were making hand turned wood products for the furniture trade but as electricity became more widely available, turned wood products such as door bell pushes and bell rosettes were introduced.
Gradually as demand for wood products declined, new materials with high insulation properies became available and the company grew to be one of the leading suppliers of electrical components in this country.
In 1937 the company moved to larger premises in east London and in 1942 soon after these buildings were destroyed, the company moved to Ewell in Surrey where it traded until 1958.
The Jeani Accessories trademark was given its first public showing at the British Industries Trade Fair in 1935. It then moved to the former Horley Brewery buildings in Horley, Surrey.
Trading Depot sells a range of Jeani Accessories including Door Switches and Lamp Accessories.