- Cold Mains water supply
- 2 year guarantee
- Water efficient product
- Slim, contemporary design
- Thermostatic temperature control
- LCD temperature display with clock
- Safe maximum temperature limit prevents the selection of a showering temperature that is too hot
- Separate power and flow / temperature controls for ease of use
- Separate stop / start button from power selection for simple showering
- Sensi-flo™ protects the user by turning the heat off if the water flow is obstructed
- Clearscale™ reduces limescale build-up by up to 50% for unhindered performance and longer life
- Gradual, delayed turn off – safer showering for next user and low limescale build up
- ‘Low Flow’ indicator light – indicating possible water supply fault or the need to clean the handset
- Heater Elements will cut out if temperature becomes too hot
- Mira Energise white / chrome fittings with adjustable showerhead – limescale resistant and simple to clean
- Brass inlet connector with integral earth bonding
Mira Orbis Thermostatic – 9.0, 9.9 and 10.8kW
240V AC 9.0kW, (230V AC 8.2kW) heater or 240V AC 9.8kW, (230V AC 9.0kW) heater or 240V AC 10.8kW heater (230V AC 9.9kW). With a Mira Energise Adjustable Spray showerhead with four different spray actions (Start, Soothe, Force and Eco). Supplied complete with hose, clamp bracket, slidebar and integrated host retaining ring with soap dish.
Limitations of Use
- The appliance must not be used for applications where an outlet flow control forms part of the shower fitting.
- The appliance must not be used for applications where it may become submerged in water
- A water treatment device is recommended in areas where the temporary hardness is above 200ppm.
- The product and its components are only suitable for normal water supplies and should be cleaned only with mild washing up detergent or soap solution.
Water flow is started or stopped by depressing the start / stop button
These electric showers work by regulating the flow of water, minimum 0.7 bar (maintained) pressure over the heating elements contained in the heater tank of the shower unit.
Power selection chosen pressing the heater control settings on the outer ring
The showering temperature is adjusted by turning the temperature control knob, which varies the flow of cold water across the elements. The slower the rate of flow, the warmer the water and vice versa. Spray plates in shower handsets should always be kept clean to maintain a consistent flow and assist in temperature control.
The Mira Orbis is a thermostatic electric shower it will compensate for:
- Changes in the temperature of the incoming cold water supply
- Temperature changes due to variation in the mains electrical voltage
- Variations in the pressure of the water supply
The set temperature is typically to within +/- 2oC
The maximum temperature limit is set to 46oC.
The temperature of incoming water will vary between summer and winter and therefore, the temperature control knob will need to be marginally adjusted to take account of these seasonal conditions. The length of dead leg of the cold pipe or its proximity to hot pipes may affect the showering temperature.
If the water temperature reaches an unsafe level, the thermal switch assembly turns off the elements. As the water temperature falls the elements will be turned on. The switch will cycle on / off / on if the flow rate is not increased and the shower temperature reduced.
When the shower is first turned on or a different temperature is selected there will be a slight delay before the shower temperature changes, to allow the previously heated water to be used up.
- Minimum maintained pressure : 0.7 bar (1 bar for 10.8kW variant)
- Minimum static pressure : 0.2 bar (to keep valve closed)
- Maximum static pressure : 10 bar
Optional DCV-H: outlet double check valve providing an alternative method of complying with UK water regulations
Guaranteed for two years from date of purchase against faulty materials or workmanship. Optional extended warranty available. Contact Mira Customer Support.
The Mira Orbis Thermostatic 9.0 / 9.8 / 10.8kW is suitable for installation as part of the following plumbing systems:
- Mains cold water pressure
Maintenance should be carried out in accordance with the information published in the Installation and User Guide supplied with each product. This guide should be retained by the user for future reference.
A conveniently situated isolating valve must be fitted in the supply pipework to allow complete maintenance of the product.
Installation – Plumbing
Inlet connection : 15mm plastic swivel stub for use with a push fit or compression fitting (not supplied) from the top, bottom or back.
Outlet connection : 1/2″ BSP male
The plumbing installation must comply with the requirements of UK water Regulations / Bylaws (Scotland), Building Regulations / Bylaws (Scotland) Building Regulations or any particular regulations and practices, specified by the local water company or water undertakers. The installation should be carried out by a plumber or a contractor who is registered or is a member of an association
Protect the product from damage whilst making soldered connections. Some fluxes cause damage to plastic components
Installation – Electrical
The appliance must be earthed
This appliance is intended to be permanently connected to the fixed electrical wiring of the mains system, in accordance with the current edition of ‘The Plugs and Sockets etc. (Safety) regulations’ in force at the time of the installation.
The Mira Orbis 9.0kW requires a 40 Amp fuse.
The Mira Orbis 9.8 / 10.8kW requires a 45 Amp fuse.
The terminal block will not accept cable larger than 16mm2
Maximum ambient air temperature for the appliance whilst in use is 30oC
The appliance will provide satisfactory performance with an incoming electrical supply voltage of 230V ±10%. The supply voltage will affect the flow rate.
The installation must comply with ‘Requirements for Electrical Installations’ (commonly referred to as the IEE Wiring Regulations) or any particular regulations and practices specified by the local electricity supply company.
A separate, permanently connected supply must be taken from the consumer unit to the appliance via a double pole switch with at least a 3mm contact separation.
The switch can be a ceiling-mounted pull-cord switch or a wall mounted switch in the appropriate zone (see Wiring regulations)
We recommend the inclusion of a 30mA residual current device (RCD). This may be a requirement of Wiring Regulations.
Click to view our full range of Mira Orbis available to buy on-line.