The Mira Advance ATL Flex 8.7kW and 9.8kW
240V AC 8.7kW (230V AC 8.0kW) or 240V AC 9.8kW (230V AC 9.0kW) heater with Mira Logic adjustable spray showerhead, providing four different spray actions (Start, Soothe, Force and Eco). Individual lights indicate ‘Flow’, ‘Low Pressure’ and ‘Service’. Supplied complete with metal hose, clamp bracket, soap dish, slide bar which can be corner mounted and hose retaining ring.
- Cold mains supply
- 2 year guarantee
- Water efficient product
- Thermostatic temperature control ±1°C
- High flow up to 9.8kW
- Safe maximum temperature stop adjustable to eight different temperatures
- Separate push button controls
- Extra long slide bar and hose
- Additional parking socket for flexible showering
- Precise light-action temperature control with extended lever for ease of use
- Multiple water and cable entry points
- Brass inlet connector with integral earth bonding
- Case, cover and internal assemblies moulded from engineering plastics and polymers
The Mira Advance ATL Flex Thermostatic electric shower with maximum temperature stop can be adjusted to eight different maximum temperatures providing safety, flexibility and precise temperature control. Supplied with extended slide bar, temperature control lever for simpler grip, 2 metre metal hose and additional handset holder for flexible shower options.
Limitations of Use
- The appliance must not be used for applications where an outlet flow control forms part of the shower fitting.
- The appliance must not be used for applications where it may become submerged in water or where there is a risk of freezing.
- A water treatment device is recommended in areas where the temporary hardness is above 200ppm.
- The product and its components are only suitable for normal water supplies and should be cleaned only with mild washing up detergent or soap solution.
The Mira Advance ATL works by regulating the flow of water, minimum 0.5 bar (maintained) pressure, over the heating elements contained in the heater tank of the shower unit.
A maintained pressure of 1.0 bar is required for the Mira Advance ATL to operate at optimum power output.
The showering temperature is adjusted by turning the temperature control knob which varies the flow of cold water across the elements. The slower the rate of flow, the warmer the water and vice versa.
Spray plates in shower handsets should always be kept clean to maintain a consistent flow and assist in temperature control.
The Mira Advance ATL is a thermostatic electric shower which will compensate for:
- Changes in the temperature of the incoming cold water supply.
- Temperature changes due to variation in the mains electrical voltage
- Variations in the pressure of the water supply
The set temperature is controlled typically to within ±1oC
Maximum temperature is set at 48oC but can be reset to eight different maximum temperatures from 37oC to 48oC
Allows three flow settings at the same temperature
When the shower if first turned on or a different temperature is selected, there will be a slight delay before the shower temperature changes, to allow the previously heated water to be used up.
- Minimum maintained pressure for full thermostatic performance with reduced power and flow output: 0.5 bar
- Minimum maintained pressure for full thermostatic performance with optimum power and flow output : 1.0 bar
- Maximum static pressure : 10.0 bar
- Minimum static pressure : 0.2 bar
Optional DCV-H: outlet double check valve providing an alternative method of complying with UK water regulations
Guaranteed for two years from date of purchase against faulty materials or workmanship. Optional extended warranty available. Contact Mira Customer Support.
The new Mira Advance ATL is suitable for installation as part of the following plumbing systems:
- Mains cold water pressure
Installation – Plumbing
Inlet connection : 15mm plastic swivel stub for use with a compression fitting (not supplied) from the top, bottom or back.
Outlet connection : 1/2″ BSP male
The plumbing installation must comply with the requirements of UK water Regulations / Bylaws (Scotland), Building Regulations / Bylaws (Scotland) Building Regulations or any particular regulations and practices, specified by the local water company or water undertakers. The installation should be carried out by a plumber or a contractor who is registered or is a member of an association
Protect the product from damage whilst making soldered connections. Some fluxes cause damage to plastic components
Installation – Electrical
The appliance must be earthed
This appliance is intended to be permanently connected to the fixed electrical wiring of the mains system, in accordance with the current edition of ‘The Plugs and Sockets etc. (Safety) regulations’ in force at the time of the installation.
The appliance required:
a. 45Amp supply fuse (9.8kW)
b. 40 Amp supply fuse (8.7kW)
The terminal block will not accept cable larger than 16mm2
Maximum ambient temperature for the appliance whilst in use is 30oC
The appliance will provide satisfactory performance with an incoming electrical supply voltage of 230V ±10%. The supply voltage will affect the flow rate.
The installation must comply with ‘Requirements for Electrical Installations’ (commonly referred to as the IEE Wiring Regulations) or any particular regulations and practices specified by the local electricity supply company.
A separate, permanently connected supply must be taken from the consumer unit to the appliance via a double pole switch with at least a 3mm contact separation.
The switch can be a ceiling-mounted pull-cord switch or a wall mounted switch in the appropriate zone (see Wiring regulations)
We recommend the inclusion of a 30mA residual current device (RCD). This may be a requirement of Wiring Regulations.
Click to view our full range of Mira Advance ATL Shower available to buy on-line.